Slow Robots is an approach to teaching robotics and other subjects in self-directed, playful and intentional ways. We are inspired by the concept of a slow bicycle race, in which the goal is to finish last without stopping or falling off the bike.
– starting from a point of view of ignorance;
– understanding complex systems as aggregations of simple parts;
– expositing exploratory work;
– sharing narratives and documentation;
– reflecting about technology and human experience.
This site is for and about my students, who are mostly 4th-6th graders. I teach in many schools around Cambridge/Boston, MA, and also write curricula for public and private schools, after school programs, camps, etc. You can contact me through the form below.
© David Alsdorf